Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE): Executive Director (m/f/d)
Verfasst am: 18.02.2020 12:47
Dabei seit: 13.02.2020
The Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics (SASE) is a nonprofit
association of scholars working within and across the disciplines of economics,
sociology, law, comparative political economy, management and organization
theory, anthropology, and business and economic history. The association,
which is over 30 years old and has over 1,000 members, attracts scholars from
around the world. Our journal, Socio-Economic Review, is among the top-rated
journals in multiple fields. The mission of SASE is to advance the understanding
of economy and society across a broad range of academic disciplines.
SASE is looking to appoint an Executive Director (m/f/d).
The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the policies defined by
SASE’s Executive Council, for day-to-day management of the association and
for the organization of SASE’s annual and regional conferences. Duties are
described in the SASE bylaws (https://sase.org/by-laws/) and are carried out by
the Executive Director with support of additional SASE staff. Main duties
• Working closely with SASE elected officers and committees
• Administering SASE annual and regional meetings
• Responsibility over financial matters, including:
· collecting membership, conference and other dues
· maintaining membership, financial and other records
· monitoring and managing the budget in a responsible manner
• Developing membership enhancement strategies
• Maintaining SASE’s historical records
• Serving as secretary to the Executive Council
• Maintaining and developing SASE as an intellectual community
• Hiring and supervising SASE staff
Eligibility: We seek an enthusiastic, proactive and intellectually-engaged
person with excellent communication and organizational skills, with the
• Experience in administration, preferably in a scientific or educational
• University degree, preferably post-graduate degree in a discipline related
• An excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of German,
both written and spoken
• Managerial competence and motivation
• Social and communication skills for interaction with large membership
SASE offers the successful candidate:
• a 50% position (19.5 hrs./week). Salary will be in accordance with the
regulations of the German public sector wage agreement, paygroup
TvöD 13. The exact salary depends on personal qualification and
experience level. Social security contributions will be covered in line
with German law.
• Flexible hours
• A varied, diverse job
• An office space located at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of
Societies / Max-Planck-Institut für Gesellschaftsforschung
(www.mpifg.de), centrally located in Cologne.
The successful candidate is expected to reside in the Cologne area.
Starting date: 1 August 2020
Length of contract: 2 years, renewable upon approval of the SASE Executive
Please send your application documents in English as a single PDF-file to:
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2020.
In your application, please include:
• Cover letter, which includes a summary of your experience
• Curriculum vitae (including relevance administrative and academic
• Certificates of former employment
• Contact information of two (2) possible referees
For questions please contact: SASEinCologne@SASE.com.
To learn more about SASE please check our website: https://sase.org/
SASE is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged
Geben Sie Ihren Benutzernamen und Ihr Passwort ein, um sich an der Website anzumelden:
Noch kein Mitglied? Mitglied werden...